mobility

From: avri (avri@apocalypse.org)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:24:59 EST

in ngarch-req:

> There are two kinds of mobility; host mobility and
> network mobility. Host mobility is when an individual
> host moves from where it was to where it is. Network
> mobility is when an entire network (or subnetwork)
> moves.

> The architecture MUST support network level
> mobility.

does the absence of statement about requiring host mobility
indicate that this is not something the architecture should
be required to support?

i think the architecture should support both.

i am also curious, you state that the two are definitely two
different kinds of things. it seems to me that there may
be architectural abstractions in which 'user' mobility is a
special case of 'network' mobility. i think any future
architecture needs to support both, and if it can do so
through a common method, all the better.

a.

--
Mobile: +46 73 029 8019
Office: +46 920 49 3030