RE: [RPSEC] Charter Update....NextGen Routing Security

From: Russ White (ruwhite@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 17:36:27 EDT

But are they stating what security should look like, with what
capabilities, and defining what security means within a routing
protocol, or more of just stating that the nextgen routing
protocol must be secure?

I think there is a difference between the two, most likely,
although they should be coordinated. I also think this is a
possible future work item, right, rather than a current one. So,
we could coordinate with the irtf groups when that comes to it,
or they could hand that part off to this group to define more
clearly on top of what they've laid out the groundwork for.

:-)

Russ