Re: Wither irtf-rr

From: Ibrahim Matta (matta@cs.bu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 13:23:34 EST

Dmitri Krioukov wrote:

> I have a notion of the following nature. I'm surprised that we don't see
> research of a new routing protocol that would be based on a dynamic network
> model (the stochastic control theory seems to be the best candidate).
> It's kind of insane, in my opinion, to expect any adequate results from
> a routing protocol governing behavior of a dynamic system (network)
> and derived from the static theory (like the graph theory) or, more
> generally, from the static network model.

Re: the use of control theory for analyzing routing performance,
a (very simple) model looking at the interaction between
ToS routing and scheduling is at:

http://www.cs.bu.edu/faculty/matta/Papers/jsac95.ps

Ibrahim Matta and A. Udaya Shankar.
Type-of-Service Routing in Datagram Delivery Systems.
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications --
Special Issue on the Internet, 13(8), October 1995.

Best regards,
ibrahim

--
Ibrahim Matta         Dept of Comp Sci, 111 Cummington St, MCS-271
Assistant Professor   Boston University, Boston, MA 02215