[nsp] To many connections through Local director.

Christopher McCrory chrismcc@pricegrabber.com
09 Dec 2002 06:37:58 -0800

Hello...

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 05:12, odusseus wrote:
> HI
>
> I have the following topology:
>
> ASBR(7200)-----L3/L2(6500&3500)-------PIX(515)----Local Director(416)
>
> When I do a "show real" from the local director, it appears that globally, I have twice more connections(1000) on each individual servers than usually (500).
> By globally, I mean that all the server appearing in the "show real" list are concerned.

You might check the persistant connection timeout.  Specifically if the
timeout was increased or went from 'Off' to 'On'.  This would keep the
connections open longer.  do you have more apache children now also?

In some instances keepalive 'Off' is better, in others 'On' is better.
I have found a low keepalive time works best for my setup.

KeepAlive On
KeepAliveTimeout 8

This allows the current connection to get the html along with any .css
and .js include files.  This keeps down the number of apache children,
the number of DB connections and the active connections in the
Localdirector.

( all this assumes apache )