[nsp] Update -- ISP Essentials -- new archive location

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene@cisco.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:10:05 -0800

[Apologies for Duplicates.]

Hello Everyone,

This is a quick update message so that everybody knows what is happening
with the ISP Essentials materials.  Philip and I took version 3.0 of the
white paper and published it as a book. This allowed us to freeze one
version and then branch off into the areas Phillip and I have been
working on. Version 3 (i.e. the book) has about 25 percent more
materials than in version 2.9.  Copies of the book are available via
Cisco Press (www.ciscopress.com), on-line book stores, or via the local
book shop:

	CiscoR ISP Essentials
	ISBN: 1587050412

Publishing the book does not end the empowerment theme we've maintained
over the years.  What we do now is published supplements which add new
materials and enhancements. In this way, people need not print the
entire white paper to get the latest updates. These supplements are all
available online:

	www.ispbook.com
	ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/

We did have copies on www.Cisco.com, but due to circumstances beyond our
control we need to move our public archive to something that was more
palatable to the operations community.  Hence, the new ftp-eng.cisco.com
archives.

The most recent materials are those dealing with ISP Security (work that
I'm doing) and new BGP Multihoming materials (work that Philip has been
focusing).  You can find these materials in directories such as:

	ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/isp/security/

	ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/seminars/NANOG25/

We've also pushed out the complete ISP Workshop Student CD:

	ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/workshops/

These are the workshops we (Cisco Engineers) use to empower new
generations of ISP Engineers. You see them a lot at forum like APRICOT
and AFNOG.

As always we welcome all questions, comments, and content request.  We
put the material through open public peer review. So feedback is
critical to the success materials. This review by our peers in the ISP
operations community is what makes the ISP Essentials materials
different.

Our sincere thanks for your support,

Barry and Philip