[nsp] ARP Table via SNMP?

warner@cats.ucsc.edu warner@cats.ucsc.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

"Ryan O'Connell" said

+> Is there a MIB to get the ARP table of a router?  Should be one I would
+> think but can't find it.
+
+Yes, .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.at.atTable.atEntry.atPhysAddress will
+do what you want.

That works but the mib entry is depricated.  The entry they want
you to use instead is:

Directory: ~ip/ipNetToMediaTable/ipNetToMediaEntry/ipNetToMediaPhysAddress
OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2

The "at" entry was put in the MIB with the implicit assumption
that no protocol other than IP would ever use ARP.  That's why
something different was needed.  My experience is that cisco
supports both.  Other router vendors do not.