[nsp] IP Options Needed?

Matt Martini Matthew E. Martini" <martini@invision.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:38:25 -0400 (EST)

I am passing this question along from a friend who is in the process of
designing some new network equipment. Any comments will be helpful. I
will gather all the responses and send them to my friend.

Thanks
Matt

> Also, IP operations question;

> You are evaluating a router for purchase and initially it doesn't
> support IP options (Unrecognized, stream ID, source route, record
> route, time stamp , security). But it supports trace route and Ping.

> What is the impact for you during the evaluation? And do you currently
> disable IP options for security reasons on your routers that are in
> the network. Any info on the subject is greatly appreciated.

 Matthew E. Martini, PE        InVision.com, Inc.   (631) 543-1000 x104
 Chief Technology Officer      matt@invision.net    (631) 864-8896 Fax