[nsp] BGP4 and high Ping Times

Lukas Krattiger luk at everyware.ch
Thu Jan 30 18:57:24 EST 2003

Greetings,

I'm wondering if some other people have the same issue with a cisco 7206VXR
and BGP4.
Our current Core-Router is a 7206VXR (NPE300) with E3 and T3 cards, we are
running IOS 12.1(14) and there is the max of memory inside.
>From our Upstream-Providers (2 sometimes 3) we receive full routes.
The thing I don't understand is, why are we getting always this high ping
times every minute (maybe while we are receiving the updates, I think so),
is there a workaround to solve this issue or is it just "as is" ?

Thanks for any reply

-Lukas