[nsp] BGP4 and high Ping Times

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 18:00:01 EST 2003

Yes, you get this when the BGP scanner runs which is once per minute, as the
7206 is a single processor this means whilst its churning 250000 routes your
packet latency goes up.

Try tweaking scheduler for a quick fix, if you dont need full BGP tables try
dropping some routes. Failing that its a bigger router...

(I assume you have got the basic stuff like cef running and if you have many
peers you have groups configured)

Steve