[nsp] conditional BGP config - help

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Mar 22 08:31:46 EST 2004

matthew zeier wrote:
> I have three transit providers - A, B, C - and want to setup conditional BGP
> advertisements such that I only advertise my routes to C is both A and B are
> down.

Alternate thought: advertise to C with several prepends (enough to get
to nearly zero traffic) all the time, perhaps also with the appropriate
community (for provider C) to request peer-level local preference to
minimize any reliance on the advertisement.  This way you can verify the
announcement at any time (i.e. through route-views.oregon-ix.net, etc.)
without having to wait for a double outage to test.

Just my $0.02,

pt