[nsp] What WIC to use with E1 service

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sat May 8 17:22:00 EDT 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Gert Doering wrote:

> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 06:16:13PM +0200, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> > Probably correct tho.. the E1/T1 framing are incompatible.
>
> "inside" the line, there are DS0s (64kbit channels).  So going through
> an TDM add-drop-multiplexer an fractional-E1-to-T1 conversion "should"
> be doable...

Agree, but afaik most muxes used commonly by telcos dont go down to sub-SDH
levels (sub E1/T1) ie 64k which means this service ends up being a special, or
perhaps thats just my impression from my small view of the world.

http://www.google.com/search?q=t1+e1+converter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
http://www.rad.com/Article/0,6583,17705,00.html