[nsp] What WIC to use with E1 service

Neil J. McRae neil at COLT.NET
Mon May 10 04:06:04 EDT 2004

Most telco's use a DACCS [we use Nokia at COLT] for sub 2M services.

Note though that an E1 is not an SDH service it's a emulated PDH
service inside an STM-1, if its delivered via a SDH service [which is
an SDH service] that's why on an E1 you need master/slave at either
end of the link and on STM-1 you sync from the line at both ends.
Coverting from T1 to E1 is relatively simple assuming both use 64K DS0
[some use 56K] , the other way around is a real pain, especially if the
user is using more than 20 channels.

Regards,
Neil.