[c-nsp] OC12 in a 7500

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Wed Feb 9 09:50:22 EST 2005

Manoj koshti writes:
> 7500 is not good for  OC 12 ciruit .If you are looking for line rate
> for OC12 the GSR will be the good router.

Definitely, if you can afford it (as someone else said, you might be
able to get good prices on Ebay or other secondary markets).

But you should also look at the 7600 OSR, for which there are nice
2-port OC-12 POS cards that have no trouble with line-rate traffic.
We have been using them for one of our upstreams since May 2002, and I
cannot recall having had any issues with them.
--
Simon.