[c-nsp] 2821 Performance/Capacity Planning

Brian Vowell brian at zipsend.net
Wed Jan 26 11:05:23 EST 2005

I read the PDF on the website detailing the IPSec performance on the new
2800-series routers, but how well do they stack up against other routers
when doing basic BGP routing or stuff like that?  Is there a quick way
to test performance on them without bringing down the network?

The reason I ask, is we have one full BGP feed from one provider going
into a 2821, and the plans are to multihome with several other providers
in the near future, but I don't know how many feeds the 2821 can take
before it gives out.  I'd like to be able to compare the 2821 against
our older 7204.

--b