[c-nsp] WDS over 200 APs Aironet (managed with WLSE)

Fernando Rojas frsanchez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:33:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have 200 APs Cisco Aironet 1100 ( indoor) and 1210 (outdoor) in my
infrastructure.
This APs are in the same VLAN and subnet.

In order to have the features of Radio Management in the WLSE, I must have
an active WDS in a single AP and other APs will be register in.

I seem to remember that WDS running on a single AP could handle
authenication for up to 60 AP's.

Another option is a WLSM device (module for the Cisco Catalyst 6500) that
provides WDS to the wireless network. But i don´t have a Catalyst 6500!

I need Radio Management features in a WLSE to work!!

Any idea?

Is possible to divide this VLAN in several to have different
subnet/broadcast domain and in each one subnet a AP to work like WDS? I can
have several active WDS AP although this in different subnets?