[c-nsp] Implementing DS3 bandwidth..??

Kuppuraj Krishnan kuppuraj.k at gmail.com
Mon May 16 02:39:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am currently using 3640 series router with 2 E1's from different
providers and running BGP.  As part of major expansion plan, my
requirement is to get 34Mbps or most likely DS3 bandwidth. In this
case, i thought of using my 7200VXR router, which just has PRI / Multi
channel E1 card & a Fast Ethernet I/O Controller card.

So, I would like to know whether 7200VXR series can handle 34mbps -
100 mbps of traffic. If so what are the cards that has to be
plugged-in to support 34mbps traffic initially.  Else a better
solution with bandwidth as main factor

Awaiting guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
Kuppu