[c-nsp] ATM shaping values in IOS

Mark Rogaski wendigo at pobox.com
Fri Sep 16 20:07:23 EDT 2005

An entity claiming to be Jessup, Toby (Toby.Jessup at qwest.com) wrote:
:
: Can anyone confirm that current IOS shaping commands, when configured
: correctly, do use SCR/PCR command argument values that match SP values
: (to the nearest cell)?
:
: I wish Cisco used cells/second as the values configured for these ATM
: shaping command arguments ....
:

The arguments include the overhead.  So, not accounting for the AAL5
trailer and padding, multiply cells per second by .424 to get the Kbps
value.  On certain platforms, we did encounter a bug that resulted in
the router (or router blade as it was an RPM we were working with) that
inserted traffic at at rate that was roughly 3% more ... but that was a
documented bug.

Mark

--
[]                     |   The government of the United States is not,
[] Mark Rogaski        |   in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.