[c-nsp] Question about DST on Cisco CatOS

John Smith jsmith19365 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 11:59:55 EST 2007

  I have a question about the new DST changes taking place this March 11th.
  We are using NTP on our network and are moving to UTC. We have Cisco devices (IOS/CatOS) throughout US and are currently using local timezone's. The question I have pertains to devices running on CatOS.
  The following is what we have right now for the config on one of the devices running CatOS.
  set ntp client enable
  set ntp server x.x.x.x
  set ntp server x.x.x.x
  set timezone MST -7 0
  set summertime enable MDT
  We will be running a script to run the following 2 commands to move the timezone to UTC - for CatOS.
  clear ntp timezone
  set ntp timezone UTC
  The question I have is do I have to add 'set summertime disable' in order to get rid of DST or will the Switch know that its on UTC and just ignore my summertime command?

It's here! Your new message!