[c-nsp] Layer 2 local switching for QinQ circuits

Pelle lists at ip4all.net
Mon May 21 09:30:06 EDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 04:04:52PM +0100, David Freedman wrote:

> !
> int g0/3.28100
>   encaps dot1q 28 second-dot1q 100
> !
> int g0/3.28150
>   encaps dot1q 28 second-dot1q 150
> !

I had a similar problem with L2-switching on a GSR. In my application I needed
802.1q L2-switching between different interfaces, which is neither supported.
The recommendation I got at that time (from Oliver) were to try VPLS, i.e.
throw both subinterfaces into the same VFI. I never got time to try it in
practice, but you might :)

If you ask a Cisco rep. you will probably get the advice to buy a 7600 with
WS-X linecards, which opens another can of worms...

And Steinar is right, Cisco is far behind Juniper in this area.

--
Pelle