[c-nsp] Dialup problems on a AS5300

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Nov 27 18:49:07 EST 2007

Robert Boyle wrote:
> I wouldn't run 12.3 on an AS5300 with anything less than 128MB. Use the
> modem recovery commands, but also add RAM. With modem recovery and
> enough RAM, the AS5300s are pretty stable with 12.3 mainline.

Robert,

That's my plan.  I order a 128MB kit this morning and had it
overnighted.  That's the only AS5300 we have that's not running 128.

The primary 5300 that's now back in service has 1 modem marked as bad.
It also has 5 modems that have had 2 calls and all have a 50% failure
rate.  We'll see if that works itself out by morning.  The secondary
5300 is chugging along even though I can't get the config out of it.  It
has no modems marked as bad.

Thanks for the info
  Justin