[c-nsp] PPPoE L2 timeout recovery

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Mon Feb 4 17:56:08 EST 2008

It is very clear your Cisco DSL route sends PPPoE Active Discovery
Initiation (PADI) frames to the ISP with no response. The PADI frame is the
first in a series of PPPoE call-setup frames. If your ISP does not respond
with a PPPoE Active Discovery Offer (PADO), PPPoE negotiation does not
succeed. The only solution for this problem is to contact your ISP or check
your line stability.

Regards,
Masood Ahmad Shah