[c-nsp] WS-X6724-SFP and 7600 S Chassis with RSP720-3CXL

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Feb 15 17:11:48 EST 2008

Saku Ytti wrote:
> You might want to look at ES20, you'd be paying 10k more (list) and
> getting additional 10GE port.
> ES20 delivers L2+L3 inluding EVC which allows very rich L2 features.
> What you'd lose is some buffer depth (still massively more than LAN)
> and single tag vlan local signifance in subinterfaces. Also as it's
> newer card, you'd need to spend more time approving it.

Are you sure on the ES20 prices, Saku?  The 6724-SFP runs $15k plus
another $15k for the 3CXL DFC.  The ES20-GECXL runs $60k and has the DFC
built in.  The basic ES20 comes with the BASIC-LIC which includes: ES20
Basic License: No MVPN, IPv6, 6VPE, and L3 IP/MPLS VPN.  The ADVIP-LIC
includes With MVPN, IPv6, 6VPE, and L3 IP/MPLS VPN and is another $40k.
  The ES20 is also one of those special linecards that requires a
dedicated SmartNet.  24x7x4 runs another $13,440 per year.  The 6700
series cards are covered under the Sup's SmartNet.  Those are list
prices in US $s.

I know that the US dollar has taken a beaten this year but is it that
bad? :-)

Justin