[c-nsp] Need help with F-VRF

Luan Nguyen luan.m.nguyen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:20:04 EST 2008

Hello Future CCDEs,

I have a router with dual WAN and one of them is in a VRF-lite, nothing
there but another default route.
I would like to be able to utilize that default route once the primary WAN
is down.
I have ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 SecondaryWAN 250.
When the primary interface down, i can see that in the global routing
table.   I have NAT and show ip nat trans seems okay.
Turn on netflow and doing a source ping, i also see echo-reply packets back
from the ping source.
The local LAN is not inside the vrf-lite.  Looking inside the vrf routing
table, i dónt see the local lan.  i cánt do ip route vrf vrf-lite
local-lan-net interface-local-lan, since the router doesn't let you do it to
the broadcast ethernet.
result of show ip cache flow, destif is the same as srcif...look like the
router doesn't know where the LAN is?

SrcIf         SrcIPaddress    DstIf         DstIPaddress    Pr SrcP DstP
Pkts
Fa0/0       ping-destination Fa0/0       vrf-lite wan int    01 0000
0000     2

Thanks.

-lmn