[c-nsp] Need help with F-VRF

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Thu Jan 24 10:49:28 EST 2008

On Thu, January 24, 2008 3:20 pm, Luan Nguyen wrote:

> I have a router with dual WAN and one of them is in a VRF-lite, nothing
> there but another default route.
> I would like to be able to utilize that default route once the primary WAN
> is down.

If there's *nothing* in it but a default route, why is it in a VRF?  What
are you trying to achieve with two routing tables on the router?

> I have ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 SecondaryWAN 250.
> When the primary interface down, i can see that in the global routing
> table.   I have NAT and show ip nat trans seems okay.
> Turn on netflow and doing a source ping, i also see echo-reply packets
> back
> from the ping source.
> The local LAN is not inside the vrf-lite.  Looking inside the vrf routing
> table, i dónt see the local lan.  i cánt do ip route vrf vrf-lite
> local-lan-net interface-local-lan, since the router doesn't let you do it
> the broadcast ethernet.

This isn't entirely clear, but if you're doing what it sounds like, a
route to the LAN interface inside the VRF isn't going to make sense,
because the LAN interface isn't in the VRF.

Can you post config, and output from the commands you've mentioned?

Regards,
Tim.