[c-nsp] Default-Information Originate supplimental question

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:39:04 EDT 2008

Guys, thanks for the clarification; but now further questions leading
on from this. My understanding is that by default (without overriding)
if you are redistributing routes from BGP into OSPF on the router and
some routes  have been learned via iBGP, then these iBGP-learned
routes will not be advertised since it is an IGP->IGP exchange (which
might cause loops). Following from this, since as I understand it,
"the default-information originate" command is a special case variant
of the redistribute command, then the default route, by default,  will
not be injected into OSPF if it had been learned via iBGP - correct?
If this is the case, then if you have the situation on a router where
there are 2 default routes being learned, one via iBGP and one via
eBGP and the _iBGP_ route is preferred over the eBGP (e.g. it has a
lower MED value), then would the lesser preferred route be injected
since the other cannot be by default, or would neither be injected
because the preferred default route has been learned via iBGP?
Finally (phew), can anyone give a possible explanation as to why none
of our eBGP-learned routes have an origin type of e (i.e. they are all
of type i)?

Thanks,

Michael