[c-nsp] 7200 and the PA-MC-2T3+ or PA-MC-2T3-EC PAs

Brandon Price brandon at sterling.net
Thu Mar 27 12:35:28 EDT 2008

>The other solution that I'm supposed to spec out is doing DS3s for T1
termination on 6500/7600s.
>The way I see it we could either go the route of FlexWAN modules or DS3
SPAs.
>Both would be terribly expensive I'm afraid.
>DS3 will be the hand-off from the local loops but I supposed we could
aggregate that into OCx if it makes financial sense.
>I'm open to suggestions.

We went with the NON enhanced FlexWANs for our 6500 but that locks us
into 12.2(18)SXF

But for $500 versus $9500 per FlexWAN (we needed 5) on the aftermarket,
we decided we could deal with the older code.

We use the single port PA-MC-T3 and MLPPP works great except your bundle
CANNOT span FlexWAN Bays.
So for us with the 1 port guys we have to have all of our members on the
same DS3.

Brandon Price
Sterling Communications Inc.

/31 <--- The Subnet Formally Known as "Unusable"