[c-nsp] 7200 and the PA-MC-2T3+ or PA-MC-2T3-EC PAs

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Mar 27 22:02:13 EDT 2008

Many thanks for all the replies.  It sounds like the -EC model would
definitely be the way to go for the offloading of MLPPP alone.  It was
recommended that I avoid MLPPP across SPAs or PAs unless I was ok with
pushing MLPPP onto the SIP or CPU, depending on the chassis.

It sounds like I shouldn't have any QoS problems with the G2.

It was also suggested that I consider a 7600 w/ a SIP-200 and a
SPA-4XCT3/DS0.  That's possible solution however the price difference is
pretty big.  While the actual port cost is only marginally higher per
interface the SIP cost, chassis, and Sup(s) outweigh the benefits unless
you just happen to have space in an existing chassis somewhere.  I think
the 7600 solution will be a good upgrade though once the product
offering takes off.  Until then we can cram an awful lot of T1s into a 7206.

Thanks again for all the replies.  I think we're set.
  Justin