[c-nsp] Netflow Question

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Sat May 3 02:45:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

raa at opusnet.com wrote:
>  > Second part to this question is anyone recommend a Netflow
>  > analyzer?  Either application or appliance (price is important.)  I'd like
>  > to get one where I can assign clients access where they only have access to
>  > the ports I assign them.  I'm currently using the free version of
>  > Scrutinizer.

This seems to be a FAQ.

I guess there are a bunch of good products out there, so it's hard for
anyone to give definitive, unbiased opinions. The best you can
probably hope for is advice _against_ using a particular product, due
to some real or perceived limitation/deficiency.

While we're on the topic, does anyone have anything particularly
positive or negative to say about Cisco NetFlow Collector, or
Compuware's NetFlow product?

cheers,
Dale