[c-nsp] IOS XR BFD

Mateusz Blaszczyk blahu77 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:31:29 EDT 2009

Ivan,

> BTW, even the more "traditional" fast convergence techniques (internal BGP
> fast fallover) might be too aggressive and do more harm than good.

Could you elaborate little more on that?
I thought it would be a good idea (e.g. neighbor X fall-over
route-map) to drop BGP session with a neighbour that suddenly
"dissapeared" from the network.
In my scenario I am concerned that the scanner doesn't invalidate the
routes because I have catch-all aggregate covering all my NHs floating
there (I can't have full table so I have 0/0 from upstreams so I need
the aggregate for my routes) so in other words it takes 3 minutes to
close the broken session.

Best Regards,

-mat