[c-nsp] Maximum spannig tree instances

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jul 17 10:35:14 EDT 2009

On (2009-07-17 09:09 -0500), Geoffrey Pendery wrote:

> I'm not trying to say "MST is never useful and always terrible", but rather:
> "MST doesn't fit all scenarios.  For many scenarios, RPVST is much
> better, and it's a shame that we've only got an open standard MST,
> rather than two open standards to cover both scenarios."

Not arguing against, but would you happen to have example where
MST does not fit? All my respect to the person who decidedly
engineers L2 network with more then 65 planned and documented
topologies[0], and succeeds to deliver higher SLA than what is possible
with fewer.

[0] 2960 can handle 65 MST instances, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swmstp.html#wp1034497

--
  ++ytti