[c-nsp] Humor: Cisco announces end of BGP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jul 29 13:50:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:47:15PM -0400, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> Last time I looked into it with Verio, they wanted close to $50/Meg on
> a 5M commit, plus an additional MRC of $500 for IPv6.

Which doesn't really make very much sense, indeed.

All our upstreams treat bits as bits, no matter which colour they have
- that is, v4 and v6 packets go over the same links, are counted as
interface octets, and billing is based on these.

(Global Crossing tried to get us to sign up for "IPv6 commitment" and
"IPv4 commitment", we told them that this is a stupid approach to
things, and they dropped the idea...)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de