[c-nsp] [j-nsp] Network Liberation Movement???

chris at lavin-llc.com chris at lavin-llc.com
Wed Nov 25 16:07:04 EST 2009

Snippet:

>The university I worked at as a student did a
> whole campus replacement of Cisco for ProCurve.
>
> ~Seth

I'm involved in an 'alternative switch vendor' discussion and lab testing.
ProCurve and Juniper switches are in our lab and undergoing some poking
and proding.

I am not at all familiar with HP ProCurve. The recent announcement
concerns me. What happens if during the overlap analysis HP dumps some of
their product line? Did we lose time making an effort to learn new
products, configurations and vendor-suggested best practices? Knowing
almost everyone's shop runs too thin and too fast, losing ground to
incorporate something that may no longer be sold seems like a possible
mistake in judgement and a blow to morale.

-chris