[c-nsp] Possible interface counter bug, but wanted to check..

Raymond, Steven Steven.Raymond at integratelecom.com
Thu Oct 15 13:17:47 EDT 2009

> Has anyone seen this before and know what the issue could be?
>
> The 6500 is running:  12.2(18)SXD7b
>
> I'm more inclined to believe the stats coming from the GSR, but I wanted
> to check with you folks and see if anyone has any experience with this
> particular errata.

Definitely saw 2:1 counting on a sup720 with 12.2(33)SRA(5 or 6?) train when a L2 trunk was connected some smaller 3xxx switch.  The gig interface on the 7600 was doubling the real amount of traffic, while the 3xxx reported the accurate traffic levels.  This was observed on practically any trunk in the code mentioned.