[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Sep 18 08:59:26 EDT 2009

"Tired of downloading software that surprises you upon installation by covertly removes features that you used extensively in your previous version?  How about features Software Advisor says the IOS you're downloading supports features and hardware that meet your requirements, but actually does the complete opposite?  Well, Cisco has created a tool just for you - download up to 25 versions of IOS and we can guarantee with 85% accuracy that at least ONE of them will work."

My impression is that they take their feedback from customers that don't use the Cisco site all that often and are caught up in the mythical "Web 2.0" garbage that keeps infecting the internet.

-evt