[c-nsp] Cisco 12410 PEM issue

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Wed Jul 28 19:46:37 EDT 2010

Hello group,

After replacing an apparently faulty power supply, we got these messages:

%POWERMGR-5-REMOVED: PEM1 removed
%POWERMGR-4-UNPOWERED: PEM1 inserted but unpowered

The message means the following:

%POWERMGR-4-UNPOWERED:PEM[dec] inserted but unpowered
Explanation    The power supply specified has been installed in the chassis but is unpowered, most likely because of an unconnected
power cord.

Everything was checked and there is no problem with the cable or the AC power source.

What could it be ? A problem with the PDU ?

PNs involved: PWR-GSR10-AC-B= and GSR10-AC-PDU-B=.

We found strange this output in the show diag:

PEM  1  (POWER_A ): Intelligent AC PS [PWR-GSR10-AC-B=]
  MAIN: type NA,  341-0053-02 rev A0
        Deviation:
        Design Release 1.0  S/N xxxx
  FRU:  NAME: PWR-GSR10-AC-B==

PEM  2  (POWER_B ): Intelligent AC PS [PWR-GSR10-AC-B=]
  MAIN: type NA,  341-0053-01 rev A0
        Deviation:
        Design Release 1.0  S/N xxxx
  FRU:  NAME: PWR-3000-AC=

PEM2 is the good one and PEM1 is the spare we used. The FRU info is wrong in both cases. It should be PWR-GSR10-AC-B= (just one =
sign in the end).

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)