[c-nsp] Disabling PVST+ in mixed vendor network

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Wed Jun 23 14:08:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 05:46:24PM +0200, j.vaningenschenau at utwente.nl wrote:
> Thanks. The first one is already in our config; we were thinking about
> configuring "no spanning-tree vlan 1-4095" in a maintenance window. I
> hope that won't break our single MST instance but does kill off all
> PVST+ stuff.

Make sure you are running SXF or newer.  Previous versions of IOS ran
a pre-standard version of MST that does all kinds of weird things.
We've been running MSTP/RSTP only networks on 6500 for years now, also
with lots of HP Procurves, and have never seen any effects of the type
you're talking about.

Any idea what the trigger is?

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie