[c-nsp] Multiple PPPoE interface questions

D.J. O'Berry doberry at zcorum.com
Thu Sep 2 16:30:07 EDT 2010

  Hi all,

Currently, one of our locations uses a Cisco router (7204VXR) as a
termination device for PPPoE. We use a loopback address, loopback1, for
the ip pools. Recently, our company decided to add on a new node, coming
in off another GigabitEthernet interface. The interface is broken into 4
sub-interfaces, each in its own Vlan. However, we need for users to be
able to get online via PPPoE as well.  Currently, we have another
loopback interface, loopback3, setup for this. My question is this:

Since we already have another interface listed as an ip radius source in
the router settings, can we add another, or will adding a second
overwrite the first? Currently, the new source interface is for testing,
but we plan to eventually move users to it as well, having users on both
setups.

D.J. O'Berry
Network Design Engineer
ZCorum