[c-nsp] New Joiner - ME3600X and tools

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Tue Mar 29 04:56:52 EDT 2011

Hi Per

Can you or anyone else who has access to both the ME3600X and ME3800X
enlighten as to any of the other differences between these two platforms?
I had come to the view that the ME3600X and ME3800X were practically
identical apart from some QoS buffer differences, licensing and slight
variation in TCAM space...but seems there may be more differences than
just those.

Also, if anyone at Cisco is out there listening, can you also poke
someone to please get the ME3600|ME3800 added to Feature Navigator?  Not
that it's the answer to all problems and questions, but being able to
compare images for the two different platforms is somewhat of a start,
and useful for potentially what features may be available at FCS, rather
than customers like us having nasty surprises with what does and doesn't
work after opening the box (such as IPv6).

Thanks,
Reuben