[c-nsp] TDMOP solution

Rich Davies rich.davies at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:16:16 EDT 2012

Hello Cisco-NSP community:

I am looking into product selection for a TDM over IP solution
(specifically channelized DS3 M23 framed).   Does anyone have any
recommends on the Cisco side (or even non-Cisco) for performing TDM circuit
transportation over IP ?  I did some research and came across a non-Cisco
product "RAD Data Communications GMUX-2000" which can supposedly perform
the TDMOP functions but I have never worked
with their gear before so have no previous experience w/ this company and
their product.

Also I am curious if anyone has any recommendations from the Cisco side (as
that is where my experience lies).   I would think an MPLS enabled core
would be prerequisite in order to tunnel TDM traffic across an IP
infrastructure with appropriate translation devices.

Thanks,

Rich