[c-nsp] 7609 ES+, WS marking behaviour

Thomas Sillaber tlist99 at t-online.de
Wed Apr 9 07:11:11 EDT 2014

Hi Victor,

the ES+ does not use pfc qos (mls qos commands). Qos in handled locally on
the lc. Per Default without marking configuration the ES+ should act in
"trust dscp" mode. The ingress ES+ should set dbus-cos to inform pfc about
cos values. Without ingress COS in case of routed interface you can try to
set the cos values (or dbus_cos) on ingress:

"The ES+ line card marks a packet as trust cos when ingress marking for CoS
is configured for a routed interface. Hence, the CoS value configured using
the set cos value command is retained on the outgoing packet. This cos value
is not overwritten by earl or derived from dscp."

Hope this helps

Thomas