[c-nsp] 3750 stack(2 switches) - High CPU for an hour?

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:49:34 EST 2014

Ok - Just an update to this one.

4948 replaced 3750 stack, all appeared "stable" for a couple of days, then OSPF up/downs started again....but only on the portchan subints....so, moved one of our Inter-pop links(That was impacted+using portchan subint) from connecting to 4948, to directly into a port on the ASR1006 (This is the L3 device the portchan terminates on)....OSPF up/downs continued, but not for this interpop link....so we thought it had to be "something" to do with the the portchan.

To test this theory, we moved the interpop link back to the 4948, and created a dedicated trunk link from 4948->ASR1006 for this link(New ports on both 4948+ASR1006, so not using the portchan at all)...OSPF up/downs continued for the portchan subint services, but also now re-started on the interpop link....So it seems that "any" link that uses this switch is seeing random OSPF+MPLS up/downs (At present, they are lasting ~3-5seconds).

All the Interfaces are clean (No drops/errors), the only "thing" that seems to coincide with the drops is that the CPU on the 4948 does spike(~70+%)

Im going to open a TAC case, but any suggestions on what could be causing this are greatly appreciated!