[c-nsp] BGP Signalled VPLS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon May 5 10:38:39 EDT 2014

>On Monday, April 28, 2014 07:25:27 PM Aaron wrote:
>
>> p.s. does anyone know if the bgp graceful-restart is
>> really necessary ?  if so, why?
>
>In my shiny new deployment, I'm considering turning off GR
>if I do NSR. They are mutually exclusive.

well, as I mentioned in an earlier thread: GR still serves as a fallback
mechanism to NSR (in case something goes wrong and the standby RP looses
NSR sync), and it will help non-NSR-neighbours to fall over gracefully. If
all the neighbours run NSR, GR provides less of a value, only for
fallback..

>I've been a die-hard GR customer for a while now, but after
>reviewing infrastructure improvements to NSR, I think I'm
>ready to take the plunge.

good to hear, NSR on XR is quite widely deployed these days..

	oli