[c-nsp] BGP Signalled VPLS

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon May 5 13:54:46 EDT 2014

On Monday, May 05, 2014 04:38:39 PM Oliver Boehmer
(oboehmer) wrote:

> well, as I mentioned in an earlier thread: GR still
> serves as a fallback mechanism to NSR (in case something
> goes wrong and the standby RP looses NSR sync), and it
> will help non-NSR-neighbours to fall over gracefully. If
> all the neighbours run NSR, GR provides less of a value,
> only for fallback..

In Junos, you can't run GR and NSR at the same time, i.e.,
the configuration commit will fail.

There are some protocols (like BGP) that have GR Helper Mode
inherently active even with GR not enabled.

Also, in Junos, GR and BFD don't go well together (NSR and
BFD go better together). I'm not very sure how this goes in
Cisco-land.

Mark.