[c-nsp] Enabling ip routing on cat3750 stack

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Aug 6 01:55:05 EDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-05 at 22:38 +0300, Artem Viklenko wrote:
> I expect that entering 'ip routing' shuld be non-disruptive to current
> L2 traffic on stack as on standalone 3750-s.
>
> Is it right? Is there some possible concerns?

You should be fine, though OOB management and/or a way to cut the power
is always a good idea.

When enabling IP routing the CLI will pause for a few seconds.

Make sure you have the "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <gateway>" entered to
replace the "ip default-gateway <gateway>".

I have enabled routing (and disabled it again) many times on 3560/3750
switches to test things, never saw any problems.

--
Peter