[c-nsp] SFPs (Third party) - ordered "standard" LH, but got "ZX"

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Tue Jul 7 12:00:34 EDT 2015

If they are 1310nm then they definitely are not ZX which are 1550nm.
EX are also 1310nm which are generally 40km.
I am guessing it is just a bug in the ASR.
As others have said, cisco doesn't always work right even with their own
Optics.  If you didn't have to resort to transceiver permit pid all or transceiver unsupported
When placing them in equipment then consider it a win.

The light levels are consistent with LX/LH.
EX transmit levels are above -1 db
And ZX transmit levels are above 0 db.

Mack McBride | Network Architect | ViaWest, Inc.
O: 720.891.2502 | mack.mcbride at viawest.com | www.viawest.com | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube