[c-nsp] ASR902 vs ME3800X

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Mar 18 15:50:19 EDT 2015

On 18/Mar/15 20:21, CiscoNSP List wrote:
> Thanks Mark - So where is the ASR902 positioned vs ME3800 + ASR920 ?
>
> Obviously the 902 is chassis-based...so more flexibility with port
> choice(If you need that)

For me, the ASR902 and ASR903 are not interesting because we're a purely
Ethernet house.

I guess these boxes make sense in legacy RAN networks, where you may
need a mix-and-match of old interfaces that you can uplink into your
MPLS core.

I suppose one could use them as an edge router where low-speed
non-Ethernet interfaces are needed. For that, I'd typically go with an
ASR1000 or MX104.

Mark.