[c-nsp] Optical - rx power low warning

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Sat May 2 12:51:46 EDT 2015

10GBASE-ER/EW should only be 40km - ZR would be the longer distance ones.

Can you compare it to the light levels seen on the other end of the link?
The levels should be approximately equal.
Are you sure it is 20 miles and not a little longer? I would not be happy
running the link based on these light levels.
Are there any patch panels? Have all the cables been cleaned?

Based on Cisco's web site:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/installation/note/78_15160.html

SFP-10G-ER1: 10GBASE-ER, 1550-nm SMF
Max Distance: 24.86 miles (40 km)3