[c-nsp] Ode to the old days

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Thu Dec 8 17:26:17 EST 2016

On 08/12/2016 22:04, Marco van den Bovenkamp wrote:
> I had the same reaction when I first saw a Lannet 3LS some twenty years ago, back when the 7500s were king.
>
> '1.28 Gbps of routing performance? WHAT!?'

The good old days of absolutely shocking software testing...
e.g. the Ascend Max software build that never released IPs from the
assigned client IP pool - 200 user connections later, the helpdesk goes
crazy. Or the awesome Nortel Baystack bugs where pressing the "wrong"
key in the "wrong" menu would just crash the whole stack. Both in GA
firmware. Nortel had a whole selection of similar issues in their errata.