[c-nsp] PPPoE Migration to DHCP

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 02:05:18 EST 2017

Hi,

We have not encountered any particular issues running both technologies at
the same time. Some things to consider though:
- IP addressing
   for DHCP Cisco recommends running an external DHCP server,
   for PPPoE you can get away with running pools on the BNG
- Session state detection
  PPPoE has build-in keepalives, DHCP uses lease renewal. In our experience
xDSL circuits are better off with PPPoE,
- in redundant BNG setup - how the IPoE/DHCP sessions are steered to one
BNG or the other

kind regards
Pshem

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 at 09:59 Maile Halatuituia <maile.halatuituia at tcc.to>