[c-nsp] OSPF routing question

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:17:25 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I have a question about OSPF route redistribution. We have no issues
redistributing subnets in the network out of our /19 blocks. But we have a
/22 block that the entire /22 is allocated to a single client. The routes
redistribute across all the all switches except back to the edge routers
that announce them via BGP to our upstream carriers. This being because
there are holdown routes for the BGP on this of the same size IP block. Is
there a way to allow the /22 block to propagate to the edge routers and
still maintain the hold down routes we need to announce that /22 via BGP to
our various upstream carriers?

Edge routers are configured as such:

router static
 address-family ipv4 unicast